[LON-CAPA-admin] RHEL Alternatives

lucasm at ohiou.edu lucasm at ohiou.edu
Fri Jun 22 14:05:22 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'm currently running FC5 for my servers. I had heard tell that we had
a RHEL site license, but it turns out there's still a local cost for this.

Out of curiosity, what are the issues with running something like CentOS,
Scientific Linux or White Box? These are all RHEL based.

I'll probably end up working with FC7 for the time being, but I'm curious.

Mark

Mark Lucas					email: lucasm at ohiou.edu
252D Clippinger Lab  				phone: (740)597-2984
Department of Physics and Astronomy             fax:   (740)593-0433
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701