[LON-CAPA-admin] [was LON-CAPA-users] mass resetting internal aauth passwords

H. K. Ng hkng at fsu.edu
Fri Sep 15 07:04:28 EDT 2006

This semester, on fsuK12 domain, I have to reset a lot of passwords
so I wrote a script that resets a student password to the username.
It is linked from a resource on the res space. When a course
coordinator clicks on the link, it displays another link which
displays the class list for students with internal passwords only.
There is a select button next to the student name. If the cc clicks
on it, the script resets the password, one at a time - not what Ray
wants but still a lot faster than doing it via dc.

Not sure if people wants it - currently it is not general enough
since the script runs on the lib server and it is hard coded in. Is
there is way to get the library server name for a user domain?

-hk