[LON-CAPA-admin] [was LON-CAPA-users] mass resetting internal aauth passwords

Gerd Kortemeyer korte at lite.msu.edu
Fri Sep 15 10:17:42 EDT 2006

Hi,

On Sep 15, 2006, at 1:38 AM, Lars Jensen wrote:

> What's really needed is a service by which students can enter a
> registered email address and get a new password, so instructors/
> DC's doesn't have to be involved. I realize tha tnot all students
> necessarily have a registered email with lon-capa, but whenever it
> exists, it ought to be possible to get a new password via email.

Yes, that is a good feature to have, but it will not solve all
problems. For one thing, it won't work for all authentication styles,
either.

But, when I as domain coordinator am really in trouble is when
somebody uploads a course with the wrong authentication type.
Probably three times or so, I had instructors upload a whole
classlist with "Kerberos" instead of "Internal" - why they would
choose that is beyond me, but the above feature would not work in
this case.

- Gerd.