[LON-CAPA-admin] authentification method for authors

Guy Albertelli II guy at albertelli.com
Mon Jun 26 14:08:43 EDT 2006

Hi Stefan,

> An author, who is internally authenticated, can also create, rename, ...
> directories. Actually, I see no need for file system authentification so
> far. Which kind of access to the server filesystem is ment (and for
> which reason)?

For people who also need to login to the server and change files, or
for users who want to remote mount their CSTR space though nfs or
appleshare etc.

Although permission handling in therese cases isn't perfect, (some
file become owned completely by the webserver).

It's a somewhat unused feature nowadays, due to security risks.

> And how can a domain coordinator see which authentification method a
> user has?

When doing CUSR on a user it will list what the current authentication
mechanism is.

--
guy at albertelli.com   0-7-1-8-27,137