[LON-CAPA-admin] authentification method for authors

Michael W Edwards mwedward at uiuc.edu
Mon Jun 26 10:10:52 EDT 2006

Stefan,

We're running on SLES9 here at the University of Illinois
Urbana-Champaign.  We don't have any users which are file system
authenticated, we use our own localauth for that and don't haven't run
into any issues with this as of yet.

I just attempted to create a file system authenticated user and it also
dies for me w/ same error.

In my lond_erors I am also seeing:
passwd: unrecognized option `--stdin'
Try `passwd --help' or `passwd --usage' for more information.

Looks like passwd on SLES9 doesn't support the --stdin option... we
would need an updated version for this (looks like the SuSE 10 stuff
does support this however).

Mike

no_such_host