[LON-CAPA-admin] upgrade inquires

lucasm at ohiou.edu lucasm at ohiou.edu
Tue Jan 3 14:51:50 EST 2006

Paul,

I just did the FC3 to FC4 reinstall on oucapa2, our library server.

Generally the system is pretty smart about looking before overwriting. The
only thing I had problems with was that it overwrote the information on
the ohiou domain in domain.tab. I'm not sure if I should have left that
information empty when it came up in install.pl (or was that in ./UPDATE
it happened?).

My biggest problem was just remembering all the little things with the
reinstall - customized krb5.conf, little tweaks on syslog.conf, mail
aliases for root, /etc.... :-)

Later,
Mark