[LON-CAPA-admin] FC3 Kernel Update

Jim Maxka jim.maxka at nau.edu
Tue Sep 6 11:48:06 EDT 2005

Hi Lars andYuri -- I had 3 kernel panics with Fedora core 3 last year on
different machines with SATA and SCSI.  So, I decided to try SuSe.

http://forums.suselinuxsupport.de/lofiversion/index.php/t10015.html

It turns out that SuSe panics a lot too.  SuSe panicked on me Friday --
it wasn't SCSI drivers, but iptables confilict would not recognize the
ethernet card.

The drag about SuSE is that there is no history of working kernels.  So,
you just have to rescue it or reinstall.

Lars -- Your restart method doesn't make any sense to me.  It sounds
like you are restorting a corrupted file system -- which sounds even
scarier than kernel panics to me.  Are you using ext3?  --jim