[LON-CAPA-admin] FC3 Kernel Update

Lars Jensen jensen at physics.unr.edu
Tue Sep 6 11:13:35 EDT 2005

Hi Yuri,

Yuri Csapo wrote:
> We've had problems. From what I could tell the drivers we need for the
> Adaptec SCSI adapter were not compiled in the kernel or available in the
> initrd, which caused the system to be unable to find its disks after
> initial kernel load.

We have seen this problem regularly since we went from RH 7.3 to FC3 -
it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the kernel version. I think
it has occurred after a loss of power. A couple of reboots usually worked.

(A forced reboot by root has not caused the SCSI drives not to be
recognized.)

Lars.