[LON-CAPA-admin] missing default.sequence

Gerd Kortemeyer korte at lite.msu.edu
Mon Nov 28 08:55:49 EST 2005

On Nov 28, 2005, at 8:19 AM, Guy Ashkenazi wrote:

> One of the courses in my system started responding with:
>
> "Could not initialize course at this time.
> Please try again.
> Map not loaded: The file (/home/httpd/html/userfiles/huji/
> 180487653524343hujil1/default.sequence) does not exist. "
>
> for everyone trying to enter the course. I entered as a course
> coordinator and got the same response. The DOCS page only shows the
> interface for supplemental course documnets, with no way to upload
> main course documents.
> I couldn't find the course coordinator to find out what he screwed
> up. Anything can be done?

Your library server is down.

Earlier you said you restarted your machine because of the "virtual
load" - actually, that's just loadavg having some memory, it averages
over the last ten minutes or so.

On the library machine, as root:

/etc/init.d/loncontrol restart

- if it does not fire, send me the tail of /etc/httpd/logs/
error_log, /home/httpd/perl/logs/lond.log and /home/httpd/perl/logs/
lonc.log

- Gerd.