[LON-CAPA-admin] loncontrol dies at lond

Guy Albertelli II guy at albertelli.com
Mon Nov 7 15:35:36 EST 2005

Hi Todd,

> Unfortunately, this still didn't seem to quite do it.  After a reboot(!)
> loncontrol would appear to start properly, but still not authenticate users.

Err, removing the .pid files fixed what you were complaining about.
(loncontrol not running)

Non-authenticating would be a seperate problem that could have been
easily fixed most likely by taking a look in lond.log

Most common problems that cause non authentication are
beacause can lonc and lond aren't talking.
   (do you get the login page, on the machine in question?

   for access servers is there a lonc process for the server in question
   marked as 'DEAD')?

> We did keep a backup of the non-authenticating /home.  Are you
> interested in looking at it for the sake of doing some kind of
> post-mortem on what, exactly died when we ran out of disk space?

Only if you are curious, as I am sure it was something simple.

--
guy at albertelli.com   0-7-2-0-27,137