[LON-CAPA-admin] Adding Access servers

Nathan Schoenack nathan.schoenack at ndsu.edu
Wed Mar 30 10:06:07 EST 2005

>We, have not yet tried the DNS roundrobin yet ,but merey tell the students
>always log in on any one of our 3 access servers.  We don't tell them about
>the library server.

Supposedly, our guy on campus said our network cannot handle round-robin DNS
entries...I still don't believe him.  What we've done is say, "if you're in
phys212, log into proteus, if you're in phys 251 log into triton, etc."  I
don't mention the library server either.

I would be interested in how effective this crudest of load balancing
techniques really is.  Does anyone out there know how to check on the number
of logins each access server has authenticated in the last week? month?
semester?

Nathan