[LON-CAPA-admin] Typo: FC3 install

Guy Albertelli II guy at albertelli.com
Wed Jan 5 22:32:12 EST 2005

Hi Lars,

> > (http://install.loncapa.org/FC3_install.html, under "Update your system"),
> > gcc will be required by the LONCAPA-prerequisites package.
>
> I did follow those instructions, and even after executing the
> yum install LONCAPA-prerequisites
> gcc was not found. Everything worked fine after yum install gcc, though

Weird, the LONCAPA-prerequisties.spec file specifaically says:
Requires: gcc patch

What was yum saying when you did 'yum install LONCAPA-prerequisities'?
What does it say now?

Can you just copy and paste what yum says?

As for the Minimal, I can;t possibly belive that there has always been
a minimal option in Redhat/Fedora..... Are you sure you are on the
right page? What are the other options on the page you are looking at?

--
guy at albertelli.com  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-3-2-