[LON-CAPA-admin] Typo: FC3 install

Lars Jensen jensen at physics.unr.edu
Thu Jan 6 19:50:06 EST 2005

Hi Guy,

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005, Guy Albertelli II wrote:

> > I did follow those instructions, and even after executing the
> > yum install LONCAPA-prerequisites
> > gcc was not found. Everything worked fine after yum install gcc, though
>
> Weird, the LONCAPA-prerequisties.spec file specifaically says:
> Requires: gcc patch
>
> What was yum saying when you did 'yum install LONCAPA-prerequisities'?
> What does it say now?
>
> Can you just copy and paste what yum says?

The system is already installed, so I don't have this info. It may be
that I made some typing error or something here.

> As for the Minimal, I can;t possibly belive that there has always been
> a minimal option in Redhat/Fedora..... Are you sure you are on the
> right page? What are the other options on the page you are looking at?

I am certain that there is no "minimal install" in FC3 when using the
textbased install, as I did. I ran the installer again and double
checked this. Perhaps the installation is different in the graphical
mode?

Lars.
--
Lars Jensen, TMCC/Vista B200, 7000 Dandini Blvd, Reno NV 89512-3999.
Internet: <jensen at physics.unr.edu>, www.tmcc.nevada.edu/~jensen/