[LON-CAPA-admin] Typo: FC3 install

Lars Jensen jensen at physics.unr.edu
Wed Jan 5 18:27:50 EST 2005

Hi Matthew,

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005, Matthew Brian Hall wrote:

> I hate to self-reply, but my instructions were a bit off -
>
> >> Another problem is that when I run install.pl, I ger an error that
> >> gcc cannot be found... What do I do about this?
>
> Assuming you have the FC3_loncapa_yum.conf installed as per the instructions
> (http://install.loncapa.org/FC3_install.html, under "Update your system"),
> gcc will be required by the LONCAPA-prerequisites package.

I did follow those instructions, and even after executing the
yum install LONCAPA-prerequisites
gcc was not found. Everything worked fine after yum install gcc, though

(I still claim that there is no 'minimal install' on my FC3 CD ....)

Thanks,
Lars.

Unless you just changed the LONCAPA-prerequisites this didn't helo
> So, execute:
>
> yum install LONCAPA-prerequisites
>
> to take care of this issue.
>
> Matthew

Lars Jensen, TMCC/Vista B200, 7000 Dandini Blvd, Reno NV 89512-3999.
Internet: <jensen at physics.unr.edu>, www.tmcc.nevada.edu/~jensen/
Tel: 775.673.7113  FAX: 775.674.7592