[LON-CAPA-admin] changing ip address

Guy Albertelli II guy at albertelli.com
Thu Aug 25 12:42:14 EDT 2005

Hi Hon-Kie,

> I am not sure whether this is related to the change in the ip address. Now
> the access server, loncapa.oddl.fsu.edu, is doing weird things.
>
> 1. For one teacher, he get the 'Unable to initialize role ..'.

There is a large number of posibilities for this error. Can you look
for an error message in lonnet.log releated to this?

> 2. For another, students cannot see any resources. However, they can get to
> the Navigate Contents page.

Can I be made a student in this course?

Or get access to a student account in this course?

> There is no problem logging in to the access server. I have restarted
> loncontrol and httpd on all fsuK12 and fsu machines. Funny thing is the
> materials show up on galileo.physics.fsu.edu - on a different domain.

Can you provide me with a specfic example (what resource is showing up
and where is it incorrectly showing up.)

--
guy at albertelli.com   0-7-2-1-27,137