[LON-CAPA-admin] changing ip address

H. K. Ng ng at martech.fsu.edu
Thu Aug 25 13:30:26 EDT 2005

Hi Guy,

After umpteen times of restarting httpd and loncontrol, the problem seem to
go away. For the record, below are some details.

> > I am not sure whether this is related to the change in the ip address. Now
> > the access server, loncapa.oddl.fsu.edu, is doing weird things.
> >
> > 1. For one teacher, he get the 'Unable to initialize role ..'.
>
>There is a large number of posibilities for this error. Can you look
>for an error message in lonnet.log releated to this?

This seems the most relevant message.

Wed Aug 24 19:29:44 2005 (3573): User hkng at fsuK12 authorized by fsuk12l1
Wed Aug 24 19:30:59 2005 (3573): User 914216848 at fsuK12 authorized by
fsuk12l1
Wed Aug 24 19:31:19 2005 (3611): <font color=blue>WARNING: Critical message
to unknown server ()</font>
Wed Aug 24 19:35:07 2005 (3573): <font color=blue>WARNING: Critical message
to unknown server ()</font>
Wed Aug 24 19:36:06 2005 (4863): <font color=blue>WARNING: Critical message
to unknown server ()</font>

> > 2. For another, students cannot see any resources. However, they can
> get to
> > the Navigate Contents page.
>
>Can I be made a student in this course?
>
>Or get access to a student account in this course?
>
> > There is no problem logging in to the access server. I have restarted
> > loncontrol and httpd on all fsuK12 and fsu machines. Funny thing is the
> > materials show up on galileo.physics.fsu.edu - on a different domain.
>
>Can you provide me with a specfic example (what resource is showing up
>and where is it incorrectly showing up.)

Some problems displays properly but other problems show a blank page with
source something like <html><body>....
The problems are from the fsu domain and I am pretty sure I restart both
loncontrol and httpd after the fsuK12 servers ip were changed. Anyway, that
also seem to work out after a couple more of restarting the deamons.