[LON-CAPA-admin] jsMath

Guy Albertelli II guy at albertelli.com
Thu Aug 11 14:28:51 EDT 2005

Hi Todd,

> Does anything special need to happen on the server to get it to do jsMath
> properly?

Nope.

> When I look at the sample equation in "PREF", I get the font
> warning, and both the fraction and the superscript formatting are gone.

As a warning the tth, and jsMath bits don't play nice with each other
on that page. I think I'll have to switch to having seperate test
pages (or perhaps frames) to get that page to work well.

> However, when I look at the examples on the jsMath homepage, I still the get
> font error--"No TeX fonts found--using image fonts instead",

The jsMath page is using a later version of the jsMath code, that I
haven't had a chance to integrate yet. The version we have doesn't use
the image fall back.

Can you try switching to jsMath mode and looking at an example
resource of yours?

Also what browser are you using?

> Also as a suggestion, you might try also including some greek characters in
> your sample expression, as greek character display is an issue I always get
> questions about from students.

Okay.

--
guy at albertelli.com   0-7-2-3-27,137