[LON-CAPA-admin] jsMath

Todd Ruskell truskell at mines.edu
Thu Aug 11 12:46:07 EDT 2005

Hi,

Does anything special need to happen on the server to get it to do jsMath
properly?  When I look at the sample equation in "PREF", I get the font
warning, and both the fraction and the superscript formatting are gone.
However, when I look at the examples on the jsMath homepage, I still the get
font error--"No TeX fonts found--using image fonts instead", but much more
complicated expressions, etc. seem to be rendered ok.  This tells me that
it's not necessarily a local browser/font issue.  Are these image fonts just
not implemented in LON-CAPA?

Also as a suggestion, you might try also including some greek characters in
your sample expression, as greek character display is an issue I always get
questions about from students.

Thanks,

Todd