[LON-CAPA-admin] Re: Library Server migration from RH-7 to Fedora

Matthew Brian Hall hallmat3 at msu.edu
Mon Mar 22 15:12:02 EST 2004

Hello,

> I'm migrating our lon-capa physics library server from RH 7
> to Fedora (Dell 2650).
> The old library server will be decommissioned.
> The new server seems to be working
>
> I'd appreciate any hints/steps about which user
> and config files to transfer and any other
> issues that I should consider.

All of /home should be moved over as it contains all the LON-CAPA data and
all of the construction spaces as well.  /etc/httpd/conf/loncapa.conf needs
to be moved.  loncapa.conf holds the LON-CAPA settings for your machine
(machine id, domain, etc).  That should pretty much be it.

> I'm still on a bit of a learning curve with CAPA...
> The "Guts" workshop document was definitely helpful.

Be sure to let us know if you need help.  You can email me directly at
hallmat3 at msu.edu

If you have any comments on the Fedora install, I'd like to hear them.

You may want to make sure the afa utilities (afaapps-2.6-1.i386.rpm is what
we have installed on our servers) will work under Fedora.  The afa utilities
allow you to manage the scsi disks in the server without having to reboot
the system.

Matthew

Matthew Hall           hallmat3 at msu.edu
LON-CAPA developer