[LON-CAPA-admin] access problems

Todd Ruskell truskell at mines.edu
Wed Mar 31 18:30:08 EST 2004

Hi,

Here's an interesting one, at least to me.  I have a student with an
apparently messed-up IE, but I'm not sure exactly how.  He also has
kazaa, which I know can cause issues.

When going to loncapa.mines.edu, or loncapa.mines.edu/adm/roles, the url
bar changes to read: res://mshp.dll/http_403.htm
and the page gives a basic site/page not found message.

But, if he goes to loncapa.mines.edu/adm/login, everything works fine.
My guess is that there is still some kind of redirect, even going to
/adm/roles that's not present with /adm/login.  Is that correct?

Todd
--
Dr. Todd Ruskell
Lecturer, Department of Physics		Office: Meyer Hall 326