[LON-CAPA-admin] Enrolling

Lars Jensen jensen at physics.unr.edu
Sat Oct 12 00:50:43 EDT 2002

Today I created a new couurse I created, and then I enrolled a bunch
of students that already had lon-capa usernames.  To enroll the
students I needed not only to supply the their usernames, but also a
password, and authentication method. Since these students already had
logins, why was I required to supply passwords (and authentication
method)? What would have happened if I didn't know the student's
passwords?

When a student already has a lon-capa login, shouldn't that be all that
is required to enroll the student in a course?

Lars.

--
Lars Jensen, TMCC/Vista B200, 7000 Dandini Blvd, Reno NV 89512-3999.
Internet: <jensen at physics.unr.edu>, http://www.scsr.nevada.edu/~jensen