[LON-CAPA-admin] samba install problem

Scott Harrison sharrison at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Oct 12 10:59:55 EDT 2002

> error: removing these packages would break dependencies:
> 	LON-CAPA-base is needed by LON-CAPA-barcode-3.1-1
> 	LON-CAPA-base is needed by LON-CAPA-loncapaconfig-3.1-1
> 	LON-CAPA-base is needed by LON-CAPA-mysql-3.1-1

rpm -e --nodeps LON-CAPA-base
Then, "./UPDATE".  It will work.

LON-CAPA-base, LON-CAPA-barcode, LON-CAPA-loncapaconfig, and
LON-CAPA-mysql are all becoming deprecated.  (LON-CAPA-mysql
is still very good to have on a RedHat 6.* system however.)

(I would recommend leaving LON-CAPA-barcode and LON-CAPA-mysql
 on your system for now.)

Regards,
Scott