[LON-CAPA-admin] Tailoring the "New User?" page

Amos Lee lee at math.usask.ca
Thu Jul 14 18:48:07 EDT 2011

Hi,

We have recently updated to version 2.10.0-2011060317 of Lon Capa, and we
are testing out some features that we have not had the chance to use in our
previous version.

About New User (self-creating user account):
On the first page that a user sees upon clicking "New User?" on the login
page, is there a way for the Domain Coordinator to tailor and insert an
introductory paragraph of information in the position indicated below?

=

Menu » New username

=> desire a tailorable paragraph of information here

Create account with an e-mail address as your username
E-mail address:
                 [     ]

                 [Request LON CAPA Account]

=

It would be nice if that first page can import that info from some text
file, or XML file. If need be, we can modify an appropriate perl module
file.  Which file is responsible for this display?

Thanks,
Amos Lee
Math & Stats
Univ of Sask