[LON-CAPA-admin] Adding Course Coordinators

Guy Albertelli II guy at albertelli.com
Fri Aug 22 18:44:26 EDT 2003

Hi Mark,

> 	I create a course. I expire my role as course coordinator.
>
> 	I then want to add a second course coordinator role.
>
>         How do I do that?

As the user who has the Domain Coordinator privledge

select the role 'No Role Specified'

Enter in the Url bar  http://machinename/adm/createuser

Type in the username you want to add the CC role to.

You should find _all_ courses you have ever had any roles in listed
now as ones you can assign course in.

> 	As an aside, what are the differences between course coordinator
> and instructor currently? Is instructor fully functioning? (ie., are there
> any known differences between how it should behave and how it behaves)

Short synopsis is

CC always can do anything in a course

IN cannot modify course contents

IN can have their actions limited to only a specific section
   (can only grade a specific section, can only modify paramaters for
   a section, etc..)

As far as I know IN should be fully functional.

--
guy at albertelli.com  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-6-1-