[LON-CAPA-users] Making exams

Wed, 1 Oct 2003 16:04:21 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Lars,

> Does version 1.0.1 have exam capabilities?

Yes but there are issues, which are solved in the forth coming 1.0.2
(sometime this week)

But before then you can test things out an see what you think.

> I'd like to be able to take any numerical response problem
> and make it into a multiple choice problem and use it in an on-line
> exam.

Go into Parms for the problem and set the 'Question type' to exam.

When viewing the problem it shuld now be a radiobutton style problem
with numbers.

If you don't want it to tell the students if they are right or wrong
in parms set the 'Show Problem Status' to no
(this has issues in 1.0.1 the problem's current status sometimes shows
up in various places but all are fixed in 1.0.2)

online exam mode should work for
<numericalresponse>   (becomes a set of radiobuttons)
<imageresponse>       (works the same as normal)
<matchresponse>       (interface changes to radio buttons rather than
                       drop down boxes)
<optionresponse>      (interface changes to radio buttons rather than
                       drop down boxes (restoration of last attempt
                       not working))
<radiobuttonresponse> (works fine, no change in interface)

online exam mode doesn't work for
<rankresponse>        (interface generates properly but doesn't grade well)
<stringresponse>      (prints okay but display is screwy)
<formularesponse>     (displays okay but throws a fit if you try to submit)

untested but certainly won't work yet
<organicresponse>
<ractionresponse>

For offline mode (using scantron sheets):

Currently working
<numericalresponse>
<optionresponse>
<radiobuttonresponse>
<stringresponse>       (prints a large text area for the answer, expects
                        a score to be bubbled onto the bubble sheet)
<formularesponse>      (prints a large text area for the answer, expects
                        a score to be bubbled onto the bubble sheet)

prints okay but is untested for grading
<matchresponse>
<rankresponse>

not working
<imageresponse>       (should do point assign mode like string response)
<organicresponse>
<ractionresponse>
--
guy@albertelli.com  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-5-6-