[LON-CAPA-users] remote control

Jim Maxka lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Tue, 09 Sep 2003 01:30:43 -0700

I have a couple of questions about the window document using Mozilla 1.4:
Some of these occurences might be related --maybe.
I tried opening a new window with the command <a
href=javascript:"window.open('url');"> for supplemental material.  Is
there a better way?  The origiinal document turned to [object].  I also
tried using the <window>link here</window> but it would not let me
resize and scroll.

I have noticed that opening new windows sometimes causes the remote to
disappear.  I can usually get the remote back by closing the browser and
relaunching the application.  I have also seen new documents launch into
the remote.  This is interesting.  And I have seen the remote or part of
the remote functions collapse on the brower page, but what to do when it
just goes away.

Also, upon exiting remote. The javascript:self.close does not work on
Mozilla 1.4.  I have to close the browser manually.  Although the
self.close does work in IE.
--jim