[LON-CAPA-users] 2 <numericalresponse></numericalresponse> inside one part

Wed, 3 Sep 2003 10:03:04 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Ray, Jim

> On September 2, 2003 10:25 pm, Jim Maxka wrote:
> > Can someone tell me what is going on here?
> > Inside one <part id=26>:
> > I used two numerical response groups one id="11" and the next
> > id="12".
> Actually, after re-reading this, perhaps there is nothing wrong at all.
> I would only expect the CHRT display to show only one link or entry
> since there is only the one PART, (regardless of how many responses
> there are inside it).  On the other hand, if you click on the link to
> view the student's individual problem, then you should see all part IDs
> and the student's individual responses...no?

Correct.

<problem>
<part id="26">
  <numericalresponse id="11"><textline /></numercialresponse>
  <numericalresponse id="12"><textline /></numercialresponse>
</part>
</problem>

This is 1 problem. The student only gets credit if they supply the
correct answer to both numericalresponses at the same time.

This could be useful in a problem where you are looking for a vector
response, or some other set of related values.

Either way this is a _single_ problem and thus will have a single
entry in the Chart, Spreadsheet, Grades, Navigation screen,
Statistics, etc.

When viewing the students results on the PGRD screeen you will see a
single credit column and a single tries column, but multiple
'submission' and 'awarddetail' columns.

On the other hand.
<problem>
<part id="26">
  <numericalresponse id="11"><textline /></numercialresponse>
</part>
<part id="27">
  <numericalresponse id="12"><textline /></numercialresponse>
</part>
</problem>

This acts as if there are two seperate problems in one.
You can get either the first or second <part> correct, you get
seperate credit for each part, etc.

--
guy@albertelli.com  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-6-1-