[LON-CAPA-users] Safari on OS X

Gerd Kortemeyer lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Thu, 21 Aug 2003 16:20:52 -0400

Todd,

Yes, we just independently discovered that. It is a bug in the current
Safari - LON-CAPA sends out MIME type headers saying

  text/html,

but Safari in the current version ignores them and goes by the file
extension rather than the stated MIME-type. Since Safari does not know
what to do with "MIME-type problem," it starts downloading it. Until
Apple gets that fixed again in a future version, I would recommend
Mozilla on MacOS 10.2, which works great. My primary computer is a
MacOS 10.2 laptop, and I use Mozilla all the time.

- Gerd.