[LON-CAPA-users] large formulas

Thu, 3 Apr 2003 13:41:15 -0500 (EST)

Hi Ray,

> However, for myself, I hope that the <web> <tex> tags and the functions &web
> and &html etc continue to work and be supported.

There are no plans to remove these.

> Btw, since  recent browsers can display, by default, more special html
> characters (e.g.  &psi;  etc),   what does the future look like for having
> such things supported in the html to tex conversion?

Please file a bugreport on this against printing, this should be
already working right now.

> In which ways do you see these things converging in a year or two?

I don't. I expect to support tth for 'forever', and also supporting
<web>/<tex> for 'forever'

The next thing we will need to support it MathML conversion to tex for
printing.

With http://sourceforge.net/projects/xsltml/ this shouldn't be too
difficult.

--