[LON-CAPA-users] large formulas

Ray Batchelor lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Thu, 3 Apr 2003 10:25:52 -0800

I think this discussion highlights a deficiency of  tth.  At present I am not
happy using <m>   (except for the simplest things, which work from html just
fine anyway).     I realize that this should get somewhat better with time.
However, for myself, I hope that the <web> <tex> tags and the functions &web
and &html etc continue to work and be supported.

Btw, since  recent browsers can display, by default, more special html
characters (e.g.  &psi;  etc),   what does the future look like for having
such things supported in the html to tex conversion?

In which ways do you see these things converging in a year or two?

Cheers,
Ray