[LON-CAPA-users] large formulas

Lars Jensen lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Thu, 3 Apr 2003 09:05:35 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 2 Apr 2003, Lars Jensen wrote:

> {\huge This is a huge in-line formula \( a = b. \) Here it is in display:
> \[
> a = b
> \]
> }
>
> As you notice, the display formula doesn't come out in increased size -
> this is a tth bug. The in-line math comes out large as it should.

Actually Ian Hutchinson just told me that this is a Mozilla bug. Thus
avoid using the display commands \[ \]. The above can be modified to give
the output Mark wants this way:

\newline
{\huge \( a=b \)}
\newline

or if you want the formula centered, do:

\begin{center}
{\huge \( a=b \)}
\end{center}

Above will give you the same (huge) output on screen and on printout.

Lars.

--
Lars Jensen, TMCC/Vista B200, 7000 Dandini Blvd, Reno NV 89512-3999.
Internet: <jensen@physics.unr.edu>, http://www.scsr.nevada.edu/~jensen/