[LON-CAPA-users] carrying parameters between problems...?

Mon, 31 Mar 2003 13:47:08 -0500 (EST)

Hi Ray,

>  >Have the calculations occur in a .library and have the calculations
>  >not use the standard seed settings.
>
>   Yes.... I have tried this, but in CSTR there seemed to be difficulties
> with the imported script library.

I'd love to hear about these difficulties.

> 1) I take it that the script snippet you showed (below) is meant to be at
> the front of the script library file that I import?

Yes.

> 2) Since there seems to be some dubious messing around associated with
> trying this, I think I will probably opt for having a really long multipart
> question instead.
> Do you foresee any difficulties with using an 18-part problem?

Nope.

> I have already created such a problem and it seems to work,
> for me,  but I wonder about its general usability.  Possibly might cause a
> log jam?

Most of the time in a problem is spent setting up the environment
(getting student's status, recording the submissions, getting
parameter values)

Very little of the time is spent formatting the problem for view.

I would expect no problems with this problem.

--
guy@albertelli.com  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-7-1-