[LON-CAPA-users] Changes in running course??

Felicia Berryman lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 09:50:08 -0500

Assuming that you already opened the problem up to your class:

> How deep changes can be made in a running course? For example, what
> changes can i make in a problem? Can I add parts to a problem?

If the problem was already in parts, adding a part is ok.  If it isn't
in parts, then you'd be introducing a part id to the first answer that
was previously just wrapped in the <problem> tag.  If it's allowed, I
would think that you could call the original problem <part id="0"> and
it would work.  Anyone know if this is allowed?

> Can I
> change a problem with multiple responses in a single part to a problem
> with the same responses in multiple parts?

You could, but the students who answered the problem would have to redo
the problem because data is stored based on the part id.  The default id
  of problem with no parts is 0.

> Can these changes be made if
> no-one has attempted the problem?

Yes.