[LON-CAPA-users] Authoring tip

Ray Batchelor lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 14:31:00 +0000

Thanks Lars,
                      For anyone like me, who doesn't want to read a lot of
explanaltory info when deciding what to download and install....go directly
to:
ftp://ftp.lyx.org/pub/lyx/bin/
  Look in the more recent  subdirs for an rpm that mentions your linux
distrib.... download it and as root type: rpm -Uvh the file name
(e.g. I got and installed
lyx-1.3.0-1rh73-qt.i386.rpm
on my RedHat 7.3 system this way  -- I also had to install rpms for qt and
qt-devel)

Thanks for reminding us of this Lars.

Cheers
Ray