[LON-CAPA-users] System Requirements?

Todd Ruskell lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
28 Feb 2003 16:50:53 -0700

Hi all,

I'm about to start writing a proposal for a lon-capa server, and am
looking for advice on just what to get.  Let's assume that cost is not a
major obstacle.  We want a solid starting point for building up our
lon-capa resources.

To start, I plan serving a single class with about 400 students this
fall.

I expect this to rapidly increase to include a second 400-student class,
and two or three 50-student classes, as early as spring semester 2004.

Will a single library/access server do the trick?  If so, how big?  At
what number of students does it make sense to split out library and
access servers?

Do Gerd, Guy, (or others) have specific hardware recommendations?

Thanks,

Todd

Todd Ruskell
Lecturer