[LON-CAPA-users] Showing Fullname on a page

Mon, 24 Feb 2003 16:49:37 -0500 (EST)

Hi Hon-Kie,

> What do I need to do to display the fullname of the user for a page? This
> question is really tied to another issue. A student showed me a printout
> from this morning and one just now and the numbers are different! (I
> thought that has been resolved.)

For version 0.6.0 and on I haven't yet had a case of changing numbers
reported.

Please let me know if you hear anymore about this.

> My first inkling is that she printed
> somebody's else copy - so I want the name on the page to verify.

The <PRT> button should already do this.

To put it on the homework page you can do this(I have included all
possible names for completness sake):

<script type="loncapa/perl">
   $firstname=&EXT('user.environment.firstname').' ';
   $middlename=&EXT('user.environment.middlename').' ';
   $lastname=&EXT('user.environment.lastname').' ';
   $generation=&EXT('user.environment.generation').' ';
   $username=&EXT('user.name');
   $nickname=&EXT('user.environment.nickname').' ';
</script>
Plainname is $firstname $middlename $lastname $generation <br />
Username is $username <br />
User supplied nickname is $nickname <br />

If you only are using individual problem files you should be able to
use this code in the .sty file definition I sent out before
http://mail.lon-capa.org/pipermail/lon-capa-users/Week-of-Mon-20030203/000555.html

It you are using .page files, you could create a header.html file that
is basically to above and include it as the first resource in the
.page file.

--
guy@albertelli.com  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-7-4-