[LON-CAPA-users] Style sheets

Fri, 7 Feb 2003 16:33:39 -0500 (EST)

Hi Mark,

> What would a sample style sheet look like that would add
> a duedate and title to the top of all problems?

Sorry I meant to do this awhile ago:

Publish a file ending in .sty that conatains the XML below and then in
the course go to PARM->"Set Course Environment" and set the attribute
'Default XML Style File'
to this file.
(BTW the example below is published as
/res/msu/albertel/example.sty)

The example below
1) puts the title on every problem
2) Puts out the phrase
    Points: (whatever the weight was set to)
3) Puts an <hr /> at the end of each problem on screen
4) In web mode the title appears in a blue

Things to note:
1) I am rewriting what the <problem> and </problem> tag do, you can
get similar effects on HTML file by rewriting the <body> </body> tags
2) Note that you can effect all possible tags, if you don't like
the default tex conversion for a specific tag you can use this as a
way to rewrite it's effects
3) There are ways of talking about the tags args I'll chat about this
in a more invloved example later
4) You can easily make things start to act dysfunctional.

<definetag name="problem">
    <render>
        <tex><problem><displaytitle />Points:<displayweight /></tex>
        <web><problem>
        </web>
    </render>
</definetag>