[LON-CAPA-users] DOCS export to construction space..

Sun, 26 Jan 2003 15:04:47 -0500 (EST)

Hi All,

> >   The export problem is perhaps a specific instance of a more general
> >  problem that could be solved: Allow access to construction space
> >  from any server, not just the home login server.
>
> That would be extremely cool!

I think I would argue against this.

There are alot of of technical problems with this, that could probably
be solved, but not without some nasty headaches (access control
issues, permissions, which one is the "correct" version?)

and at least one information control one that I don't like to cross
into

I really like being able to say that the CSTR is only on one server,
that way all of an instrcutrors transient crud is contained on one
machine.

I think of this as a feature, since this way the instructor knows
where his stuff is absolutely.

Of course I may be wrong . . .
--
guy@albertelli.com          BM: n^20 t20 z20 qS