[LON-CAPA-users] DOCS - pros and cons?

Gerd Kortemeyer lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 08:32:59 -0500

Hi,

Here are the current plans:

* if a course coordinator also is or becomes an author in the system,
there will be an "archive" functionality for their DOCS. The function
will dump all of the current course docs into the author's construction
space. The reason that this is not in place yet is the extra-challenge
for us that the course's home server might be different from the
author's home server.

* when the domain coordinator starts a new course, there will be an
option to "clone" a course which the course coordinator or somebody else
previously taught. Challenge is same as above: new and old course might
be housed on different servers.

In summary, I need to figure out a way to safely copy DOCS from one
server to another, the rest is easy.

- Gerd.