[LON-CAPA-users] inline x with a bar over??

Felicia Berryman lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 13:21:49 -0500

Lars Jensen wrote:
> Is there any way of getting an x with a bar above it (as used in "the
> mean of x") to display in-line on a web page? I can't make TtH do this
> in-line, only in equation display mode.
>
> Any suggestions for a workaround?

I've only gotten it to work in equation mode as well.  It won't work as
inline because it needs the line above to put in a short underline.  You
could use a gif image I suppose.  When I came across this with user, we
reworded the problem so it could use the equation mode.  Maybe you could
put all of your text in equation mode?

Felicia