[LON-CAPA-users] Unreduced answers in Numerical Response

Wed, 9 Oct 2002 05:31:19 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Lars,

> Thanks! Are there any other differences between between formularesponse and
> numericalresponse if the former is used for a numerical answer?

Well it allows a large pile of possibilities in the answer.

Meaning if you ask the question:

What is 3/5+3/10?

The student can just enter 3/5+4/9 and get it right.

Or enter 45/50

Seems like there is enough reasons that one could do a fraction
control option in numericalresponse

Something like:

<numericalresponse fraction="reduced" answer="0.166667">

With values like any, mixed, reduced etc.

Think this would be better in the problem or as a parameter?

--
guy@albertelli.com          BM: n^20 t20 z20 qS
Guy Albertelli -7-7-9-  O-