[LON-CAPA-users] Dartgun problem screws up scores

Mark Lucas lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 14:11:56 -0400 (EDT)

Lars,

	This is what I was afraid of.

	First point - Mark did a no-no and broke that problem by
hand-publishing. That problem should be fixed, but parts may turn out
differently now.

On Tue, 8 Oct 2002, Lars Jensen wrote:

> > 	Second, the part 0 represents the default part for any problem. If
> > you have a multi-part problem and it doesn't have a setting for that
> > particular part, it will use the default.
> >
> > 	When setting at the course or map level, it sets part 0
> > parameters, for example, part 0 weight. This should handle all parts
> > unless they have been explicitly set. This has been working fine for us
> > with plenty of multi-part problems (using stable 5.1)
> >

> How are the instructors to know which parts in a course are assigned
> part 0, without going through each single item of a course?

Part 0 is the default. It should apply to everything.

What happened is that I tried to mass change part of the problems. Rather
than hand publish everything, I thought that the ids had already been
fixed. I found out otherwise. Chapters 13 and 14 have been fixed. I will
work at hand-publishing the others.

Deleting any parameter can be done in the little pop-up window. Instead of
set or cancel, click on Delete.

						Mark