[LON-CAPA-users] Dartgun problem screws up scores

Lars Jensen lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 10:58:50 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Mark,

On Tue, 8 Oct 2002, Mark Lucas wrote:

> Lars,
>
> 	I can't find the original message now.
>
> 	First question is - where is the dart problem located? Do you have
> the URL for the problem?

This is /res/ohiou/OUp200lib/sfChpt13/sf1302b.problem that is part of
the msu/mmp/phy231c.sequence course.

> 	Second, the part 0 represents the default part for any problem. If
> you have a multi-part problem and it doesn't have a setting for that
> particular part, it will use the default.
>
> 	When setting at the course or map level, it sets part 0
> parameters, for example, part 0 weight. This should handle all parts
> unless they have been explicitly set. This has been working fine for us
> with plenty of multi-part problems (using stable 5.1)

How are the instructors to know which parts in a course are assigned
part 0, without going through each single item of a course?

> 	You do need to be careful with parts - if you set a weight for
> part 15 'for this map' under resource level setting, then the parameter
> will also take hold for other part 15s in the map. It needs to be set
> under 'for this resource in this map' (I can't remember the exact heading)
> to apply only to that specific instance of the problem.

When I found out I set answer date, due date, and open date for part 14
and 16, but that still produced the error in the dartgun entry of the
spreadsheet. The error, by the way, reads:

bad parameter name : parameter_0_duedate

(I don'y know how to delete the due date for a single problem. -The due
date for this problem weas originally set at the Map- or course- level)

Lars.