[LON-CAPA-users] Student logins

Ray Batchelor lon-capa-users@mail.lon-capa.org
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 06:40:23 -0700

That ratio, 5/240, is very similar to what I am experiencing here.
I have around ~350 different students using loncapa over three courses,
of whom  ~100 have  passed their first due date with only about 5 or 6
reporting difficulties.  I have responded to each with the usual buff
about enabling cookies and javascript and checking firewall settings.
One student replied that as a result they overcame their difficulty.
Others have either also succeeded, used a different computer or
vanished.  One is a persistent problem and a "wise-guy" too boot.  A
class of 100 is due Friday night (the 13th, as it happens).
A cure-all recipe would indeed be welcome.

I don't believe I currently need Java as my current sets have no
applets.  Correct me if I am wrong about that.

Guy has some useful comments about caching that perhaps he will
post/repost here.

Going to get out my goalies mask for friday.