[LON-CAPA-users] Best place to design course material?

Thu, 25 Jul 2002 14:21:29 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Lars,

> Where is the best place to develop new course materials? On our production
> server, or on our development server?

Development machines are for development of the LON-CAPA software.

All resources should be created on a production server.

> I thought I'd like to create my materials on the development server, and
> then move them to the production server when complete.
>
> Is there an easy way to do this?

Nope.

> I seem to be running into problems with
> path names when I tar up a course created on a development server,
> and try to set it up on a production server. Am I missing something?

Nope. This has never been a design goal of the system.

--
guy@albertelli.com          BM: n^20 t20 z20 qS
Guy Albertelli -7-8-4-  O-