[LON-CAPA-users] problems with mass-enrollment at the domain level

Itay itayf at nospammail.net
Fri Oct 16 15:27:29 EDT 2020

Stuart,

On Fri, 16 Oct 2020, at 17:54, Raeburn, Stuart wrote:
> Itay,
>

> > Please advise if this makes sense technically.
> >

> Are these all new users or are you looking to update information for
> existing users (and if so, what information are you looking to update)?

A mixture of existing and new users.
I want to enroll new users.
I do not try to update information for existing users.
They are part of the input because the student registration office is ignorant of enrollment to lon-capa, so they can provide me only with a list of all the students in the college.

> Have you tried switching a session to testdrive.loncapa.net, selecting
> your DC role in the jce domain, and used: Main Menu > "Create users or
> modify the roles and privileges of users" > "Upload a File of Users"
> and uploaded a file containing just one or two users, (as a test) to
> see if option (a) in my previous response would address your need?

I misunderstood the utility of the testdrive, so I tried (a) only now following this message.
I was able to access the testdrive.
However, after uploading a users sample  file, and pressing 'upload users' button, I am prompted to supply initial password.
This implied internal authentication ; right?
As our production system does not use internal authentication I was not sure if I should continue.

Thanks
Itay