[LON-CAPA-users] problems with mass-enrollment at the domain level

Itay itayf at nospammail.net
Fri Oct 16 09:30:48 EDT 2020

Hi Stuart and list members,

On Thu, 15 Oct 2020, at 18:15, Itay wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Oct 2020, at 16:57, Raeburn, Stuart wrote:
> > Itay,
> >
> > Sadly a regression was introduced in LON-CAPA 2.11.2 which prevents
> > bulk user information changes being made by a Domain Coordinator, using
> > file upload, in the case where no role changes are being made for the
> > users.
> >
> > A couple of choices:
> >

> [snip]
> The instructions seem clear enough.  I will forward to our system admin.

I guess there is another choice, a hack that would not require modifying the system (and intervention of the IT people):

1. Create a dummy course (college bureaucracy would not care).
2. Log-in as the course coordinator.
3. Enroll all the students for the course.
   (Assuming it is possible to enroll ~2400 students for a course.)
4. After confirming enrollment: block access to the course for all students.

Please advise if this makes sense technically.

Thank you!
Itay

[snip]