[LON-CAPA-users] Quick Question

Harding, Gene L glhardin at purdue.edu
Wed Mar 4 09:17:26 EST 2020

Hi Mark,

In the customresponse section, the array created matches the size of the submission. It's the Perl script I was wondering about. The number of variables defined in the Perl script to capture the submission will ultimately be 76, but the actual number of submission elements will vary from 20 to 76, depending on the randomization. The predefined variables to capture the submission elements will usually "outnumber" the actual submission elements.

In my experience so far, those extra variables do not get used/initialized. When I try to display them in the problem statement (for debugging purposes) they do not have values, just show up as literals, e.g., "$A2plus_tailx" instead of some numeric value. Does that make sense?

BR,

Gene L. Harding, PE
Associate Professor of ECET
Purdue University