[LON-CAPA-users] How to mark certain responses to be hand-graded?

Harding, Gene L glhardin at purdue.edu
Sat Dec 12 14:04:48 EST 2020

Hi Itay,

I have never done this, but have noticed this semester that, when I create dropboxes for assignments, there is a parameter "handgrade" that I do not see in my normal quiz questions. I just tried, and was not able to "force" the Hand Grade parameter to show up for one of my quiz questions, so I'm not sure if it is possible.

If not, perhaps you could set a code in one of the other parameters. It would be a bit kludgy, but what if you set the score to 150 instead of somewhere in the 0-100 range to "flag" those problems? When you download the grades to a spreadsheet you could sort them by score. Any 150's would be at the top so you would know which ones to hand grade. This is not a great solution, and hopefully someone will have a better idea, but if not, since they are rare perhaps something like that could work...

Best regards,

Gene L. Harding, PE
Associate Professor of ECET