[LON-CAPA-users] How to mark certain responses to be hand-graded?

Itay itayf at nospammail.net
Sat Dec 12 12:19:00 EST 2020

Hi

I am setting up a graphical custom-response problem.
In most cases, there would a solution to the question being asked, and the student sould respond with a numerical answer.
However, in rare cases a solution does not exist.

Avoiding these rare cases  in advance or handling them programmatically would require a lot of effort.
In contrast, handling them manually would be easy (because this is a graphical problem).

So I thought to instruct the students, in case they think there is no solution to the problem, to respond with the string 'NA'.  In the customresponse code I would intercept this string and mark the problem for that particular student to be hand-graded.

Is it possible to do?
If yes: how?

Thank you in advance
Itay